Q. My daughter hurt her finger and no fracture on x-ray. Should she see an orthopedist?

Answered by Dr. Lokesh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ligament Injury or Ibuprofen? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My daughter hurt her finger on her brother's kneecap two days ago. She is 11 and a gymnast. The x-ray showed there is no fracture. But still, she has lots of pain, swelling and two discolored joints in fingers. She was not given any treatment. Should she see an orthopedist?