Q. My partner has got light bleeding with sticky brown discharge after i-pill intake. Please help.

Dr. Reetika Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2020

My partner and I had a physical relation a few days ago. She is a virgin, so it difficult when I tried inserting. I can insert only a little, and I did not eject inside her. She took i-pill the next day. Her periods were supposed to start on the 2nd or 3rd of this month, but 4th or 5th, she had light bleeding, and it was like that for three days, and at the same time, the dark brown sticky discharge was coming until today. Also, she did a pregnancy test, it showed negative.

#

Welcome o icliniq.com.

I-pill and other emergency contraceptive pills are hormone-based, and they have this known side effect of spotting or light period in certain females. They also lead to delay in periods of certain females, so do not worry. The delay can be up to 10 days. So do not worry about the bleeding that she had experienced. It is normal after the dose of any emergency contraceptive pill. You are safe, and she is not pregnant.

However, just to put your concern to rest, please undertake a urine pregnancy test with the first urine of the day for the accurate result after seven days. Do not drink too much fluid before your test. Adhere to all guidelines written on the package of the pregnancy test kit. Based on the outcome of the test, we can decide upon further management of your menstrual health.

|