Q. My partner has got light bleeding with sticky brown discharge after i-pill intake. Please help.

Dr. Reetika Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2020

My partner and I had a physical relation a few days ago. She is a virgin, so it difficult when I tried inserting. I can insert only a little, and I did not eject inside her. She took i-pill the next day. Her periods were supposed to start on the 2nd or 3rd of this month, but 4th or 5th, she had light bleeding, and it was like that for three days, and at the same time, the dark brown sticky discharge was coming until today. Also, she did a pregnancy test, it showed negative.

#

Welcome o icliniq.com.

I-pill and other emergency contraceptive pills are hormone-based, and they have this known side effect of spotting or light period in certain females. They also lead to delay in periods of certain females, so do not worry. The delay can be up to 10 days. So do not worry about the bleeding that she had experienced. It is normal after the dose of any emergency contraceptive pill. You are safe, and she is not pregnant.

However, just to put your concern to rest, please undertake a urine pregnancy test with the first urine of the day for the accurate result after seven days. Do not drink too much fluid before your test. Adhere to all guidelines written on the package of the pregnancy test kit. Based on the outcome of the test, we can decide upon further management of your menstrual health.

| 

I took two pregnancy tests. One was positive and the other negative. Can you help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I amhyperthyroidand I havepolycystic ovaries. I had my period for just one day last month. It was very light. I, however, took two pregnancy tests two days ago. The first one read positive and the second, which was taken a few hours after read negative. Could you pleas...  Read Full »

Can I have i-pill after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old girl. I had unprotected sex. My last periods was before two months and still I have not got any. Is there a chance of pregnancy? I have had i-pill twice last year in a gap of 6 months. My periods are sometimes a day or two late. But, I am really worried as I really cann...  Read Full »

Could vaginal brown discharge be a sign of cervical cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old and I am sexually active for about four years now. For some 2 to 2.5 years, I am getting an occasional brown vaginal discharge, when I masturbate. Not a lot, just enough to cover my fingers. It does not happen all the time. There is no other pain or symptom associated w...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»