Q. What are my lipid profile and ultrasound test results showing?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

1. I recently had full body health checkup. I am uploading the reports. Can you please review and suggest me required medical care or treatment? It seems lipid profile and ultrasound reports are not satisfactory. Please review and advice.

2. And one more thing is I am suffering from urticaria (Getting red rashes on skin which scratch or apply pressure on skin. These rashes disappear in few minutes) from last 1.5 years. I am taking Desolor 5 mg tablets thrice a week. Can you advice me if any advanced and permanent treatment to this problem instead of prolonged usage of tablets? I do not have any smoking or drinking habit.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having grade 1 fatty liver. You are also having elevated cholesterol which justifies fatty liver. So you need start lipid lowering drug like Rosuvastatin 10 mg once a day at night before going to sleep for 30 days. Get done repeat Lipid profile after 30 days. Avoid oily and spicy food. Avoid junk food. Avoid cheese, butter, etc. Do regular exercise like walking, running, cycling and swimming, etc.

For urticaria, take Montelukast and Levocetirizine combination (Montek LC).

| 

Thank you for response. And regarding the 4 mm stone in kidney, does it require surgery or it will be gone by drinking more water? Please help to clarify this.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

#

No need to worry for this. It will clear by its own. Maintain good hydration and watch for pain and red urine.

| 

Please check my lipid profile and provide detailed interpretation.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last four months, I am on a high fat, high protein and low carbohydrate diet where I am taking 250 g of protein, 200 g of fat (mostly saturated) and very low carbohydrates target is less than 50 g per day. Cholesterol is one of the major problems in my family, so I got a lipid pr...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take various medicines with antibiotic in a fatty liver patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a red, swollen and infected ingrown toe nail. It is speeding quickly and painfully. Yesterday I saw Dermatologist for the first time and she wrote me a prescription antibiotic of Ciprofloxacin 500mg/Thrice/day for one week and then do a partial toe nail surgery. Later, my last ...  Read Full »

My wife has urticaria. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been getting a rash which the doctor has termed as urticaria. What could have caused this? I feel she could be having a yeast intolerance. Please help.  Read Full »