Q. I get lower back pain on and off. What to do?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have been suffering from lower back pain, which radiates to my buttock and thigh muscles. The pain is not constant. It comes and goes. What shall I do?

#

1. Muscular strain.
  2. Lumbar spondylosis.
  3. SI (sacroiliac) joint in-formation.
  4. Disc prolapse.
  5. Lumbopelvic dysfunctionality.
  6. Vitamin D deficiency.
  • What you need to do is to see an orthopedic surgeon, and get yourself examined. I suggest you get the following tests done:
  1. X-ray pelvis and lumbar spine.
  2. Vitamin D levels.
  • Depending on the first set, treatment will be physiotherapy or further tests.

Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

I have headache, dizziness and restricted neck movement. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a severe headache, tenderness on the head, burning sensation on scalp, mild dizziness, and feeling the heaviness of head with restricted neck movement with pain. Currently, I am taking Levothyroxine 25 mcg for hypothyroidism.  Read Full »

Understanding Low Back Pain

Article Overview: Low back pain is commonly found in young and school going individuals these days unlike it was believed as a disease of old age. So this is a small article giving a basic understanding of low back pain in the young hard working generation. Read Article

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Low back pain is the second most common ailment with common cold being the first. Previously, low back pain was considered age-related, that is, mostly seen in older individuals. So, it was considered a pain due to weak muscles and weak bones. But nowadays, back pain is quite common in the young pop...  Read Article

Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm.What could it be?

Query: Hello Doctor, Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm. Tingling sensation everywhere in the whole arm. The shoulder blade hurts, underarm pit also hurts. Part of chest and cervical bulges are seen.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now