Q. I have a severe pain in the lower back which is unbearable. Please help.

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

I had lower back pain which was not bad at first. After a few weeks, it has gotten worse. I have a pain in the hip, buttocks, and thigh as well now. I recently joined work, and I cannot perform at work as the pain is unbearable.

#

• You have been suffering from a lower backache that is radiating to the buttocks and thigh. It seems to be due to a nerve compression which is the cause. You need to see an orthopedician for that.
  • An X-ray of the lumbar spine should be done and an MRI lumbar spine also, if indicated. Lumbar spondylosis is a common cause in which there is a nerve compression causing such a pain.
  • There is some role of physiotherapy and lower back muscles strengthening as well.
  • You can take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg SOS with a muscle relaxant like Thiocolchicoside 4 mg twice a day. A local Diclofenac gel application may also provide some relief.

You can revert back to me for further assistance.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|