Q. Please help me get rid of constant lower back and neck pain.

Dr. Atul Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on May 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I have consistent lower back and neck pain. I have been diagnosed with cervical disc herniation before 20 years and lumbar disc herniation before 12 years. An L2 nerve block procedure was done before 11 years. I did my MRI before three years.

#

MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can show disc bulges present in both the neck and back. The degree of nerve root compromise will determine the degree of symptoms and taking conservative management helps a lot. I need to see your MRI. As your MRI was taken before three years, new changes are observed on the recent MRI and you need to take it. I suggest you take a course of Duloxetine 30 mg twice daily and take Pregabalin 75 mg twice daily for six weeks and see the improvement.

|