Q. Please help me get rid of constant lower back and neck pain.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Consistent lower back and neck pains. yes, I've been diagnosed with having a cervical disc herniation since 20 years and a lumbar disc herniation since 12 years. An L2 Nerve block procedure was performed in 11 years back. The last MRI I did was 3 years back.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

Hello

Yes the MRI does talk about the disc bulges both in the neck and the back but it is now clear as to the degree of nerve root compromise as canal encroachment as this will determine the degree of symptoms and likelyhood of conservative management succeeding. I really need to see the MRI films to comment

The obvious thing is that the MRI was done 3 years back, so the relevance is doubtful if you are having new symptoms and with passage of time the MRI picture may change.

I will recommend that you two a course of Duloxetene 30 mg twice daily and added pregabalin 75 mg twice daily to see the response and do take them for atleast 6 weeks, mind you pregabalin makes you sleepy but that will fade with time

| 

I am having neck pain with weakness after anterior discectomy of C3, C4 and C5. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old, before 16 years underwent anterior discectomy of c3c4&c4c5 with fusion. Even had neck pain and pain got radiated to neck and back while working. Suffering with pain for 16 years but I got used to it. But for past few months neck became very very week am not able...  Read Full »

Why is the left side of my foot numb?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. Four days ago, I started feeling numb on the side of my left foot. The feel continues and the entire portion of the left foot is numb now. Please guide me.  Read Full »

How to get relieved from pain in the left side of the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently suffering from constant numbness in the left side of my body starting from my neck down to my leg. I am experiencing extreme numbness in my arm when I lean to the left side. It is extremely painful. I have a history of a slipped disc in the lower spine. Please help me.  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now