Duloxetine

Can Cymbalta and Phentermine be used together for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I take Cymbalta 60 mg for depression and Trazodone 100 mg for sleep. Can I take Phentermine for weight loss without problems of serotonin syndrome?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phentermine is a short-term (few weeks) adjunctive used as a part of a weight reduction regimen for patients with initial body mass index (BMI) more than or equal to 30 kg/m². Cymbalta - Duloxetine has serious interaction with Phentermine. Both if taken toge...  Read Full »

Why are my feet tingly?

Query: Hello doctor, Since 19 months, I have had severe problems with tingling in my feet. This started one week after a 27 km run, where I suddenly got pain in my feet and had to stop. The pain went away, but the tingling started in my left foot one week later. At first, some intermittent buzzing in the o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If NCV (nerve conduction velocity) and EMG (electromyography) had been normal, there is possibility can be: Muscle fatigue. Ligament or soft tissue injury pain. Mild neuropraxia due to some soft tissue injury, which is not evident in NCV. Radiculopathy. I would like to...  Read Full »

I am getting tremors more often. Is that a side effect of Abilify and Cymbalta?

Query: Hi doctor, I have schizoaffective disorder. I take Abilify and Cymbalta. But most of the time my hands shake badly. Do you think it could be due to Abilify and Cymbalta or it could be more related to my disease? Does Abilify cause tremors as a side effect?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you had these tremors? Is it present all the time? Did you develop these tremors only after starting medication or did you have some form of shaking even before medication? Both Abilify (Aripiprazole) and Cymbalta (Duloxetine) are known to be associate...  Read Full »

Why am I getting cracking sound in my joints?

Query: Hi doctor, One year back, while sitting on a chair in office I felt as if my back got stuck and was unable to move. I took two painkillers and managed to sit there for a while, but after two to three hours the pain started radiating to leg. I was diagnosed with moderate disc herniation at L4-L5 and...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but you need to provide me the following details so that I can help you better. Is the pain radiating to legs? Do you have any tingling or numbness in legs? Any aggravation of pain whe...  Read Full »

My mom was treated for trigeminal neuralgia, with no relief. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 58 year old mother has a history of trigeminal neuralgia from the past four years. She was initially treated with Carbamazepine, but she had a severe allergic reaction, due to which it was stopped. Oxcarbazepine was tried, and it caused allergy too. Pregabalin, phenytoin, and sod...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have tried all the possible treatments. I would suggest trying a medicine known as Tapentadol at doses of 50 mg twice daily, along with Gabapentin 600 mg per day. Consider radiofrequency ablation or alcohol injection into the nerve again, if no relief is ob...  Read Full »

My friend is suffering from neuropathic pain after a thalamic stroke. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a 48 years old female, suffered a CVA three years back. She was diagnosed with a right thalamic hemorrhagic stroke with pericardial effusion, left hemiparesis, autoimmune thyroiditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ischemic unstable angina, grade 3 obesity, altered glucose...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thalamus is the part of the brain, through which all sensory information is relayed. After a stroke involving the thalamus, many times, the patient develops thalamic pain syndrome, which is very poorly responsive to medications. But as you told that it was relieved ...  Read Full »

Is Cymbalta good for depersonalization?

Query: Hi doctor,Is Cymbalta good for depersonalization? I want some tips to overcome this. Also, how to get rid of apathy?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I do not think Cymbalta (Duloxetine) have great potential in the treatment of depersonalization. In my experience, I found SSRI group (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) of medications are much superior in...  Read Full »

Do you have any idea about the weird sensation in my head?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some weird sensation in my head for over two years. I am at a complete loss for what to do. I have seen a neurologist and talked to a few other medical specialists and none of them have any idea about my problem. It literally feels like there is something moving all around my bra...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I carefully passed through your question and would explain that your symptoms seem to be related to tension type headache or a functional disorder. Your performed MRI is really reassuring that nothing serious is going on (attachment removed to protect patient identity)...  Read Full »

I feel as if I am controlling the blood flow to brain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old man. I do not have any health problem other than chronic fatigue. My height is 170 cm and weight is 72 kg. I feel some discomfort inside my brain. I feel as if there is a block in blood flow to the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus. I feel that I could lose consc...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I carefully passed through your question and would explain that it is quite impossible to block the blood flow in the pituitary gland or hypothalamus. It is regulated by several physiological circuits, which are not controlled by our mind, but the receptors sensitive t...  Read Full »

Suffering from shoulder pain, neck pain and one-sided headache.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old married female. I delivered my baby a year ago. I had post-spinal headache for three days in the hospital. Again, for the last eight months, I have been suffering with severe upper shoulder pain, neck pain and one-sided headache. It started with severe giddiness and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from fibromyalgia (muscle pain and fatigue) Fibromyalgia can be associated with migraine headache that presents with one-sided headache. Also, following delivery, females do get these kind of pains and headache due to b...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.