Q. Please suggest some remedy for my mom's low back pain.

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 08, 2020

My 62 year old mother has been experiencing lower back pain for the last two to three days. She did some heavy work in the kitchen a few days ago and developed these symptoms. She has been taking one or two Crocin a day and using a hot bath, but that does not help much. Please suggest a suitable remedy. She prefers to take common painkillers like Brufen, Tylenol, etc. Also, she is on the following medicines currently for various health conditions. Esam 5 mg, Clopitab CV, Noe-Mercazole, Shelcal HD and Becoset-Z.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

We are here to help you.

• Your mother seems to be suffering from either muscular back pain or prolapsed intervertebral disc compression.
  • I would advise you to get an MRI lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, then you would be treated accordingly.
  • For muscle pain, I would suggest a combination of painkiller and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • She should do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
  • She should also get physiotherapy done particularly ultrasonic heat massage.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for your quick response and assistance. We will surely get the scans done in due course, as advised by you. For now, please suggest a specific painkiller to take. She is already using Voveran ointment and Volini spray. Is it fine to use one of these or should we go for something else? Just knowing the active ingredients does not help me much, so again, please give me a specific name.

#

• Commonly available painkillers with muscle relaxants are available in the market with name Flexon-MR (Chlorzoxazone) that has to be taken twice daily. However, you should ideally get a prescription from your doctor.
  • She can continue using Volini gel or spray.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|