Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Please suggest some remedy for my mom's low back pain.

Answered by
Dr. Anshul Varshney
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 08, 2020

Hi doctor,

My 62 year old mother has been experiencing lower back pain for the last two to three days. She did some heavy work in the kitchen a few days ago and developed these symptoms. She has been taking one or two Crocin a day and using a hot bath, but that does not help much. Please suggest a suitable remedy. She prefers to take common painkillers like Brufen, Tylenol, etc. Also, she is on the following medicines currently for various health conditions. Esam 5 mg, Clopitab CV, Noe-Mercazole, Shelcal HD and Becoset-Z.

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology


Welcome to

We are here to help you.

  • Your mother seems to be suffering from either muscular back pain or prolapsed intervertebral disc compression.
  • I would advise you to get an MRI lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, then you would be treated accordingly.
  • For muscle pain, I would suggest a combination of painkiller and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • She should do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
  • She should also get physiotherapy done particularly ultrasonic heat massage.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Thank you for your quick response and assistance. We will surely get the scans done in due course, as advised by you. For now, please suggest a specific painkiller to take. She is already using Voveran ointment and Volini spray. Is it fine to use one of these or should we go for something else? Just knowing the active ingredients does not help me much, so again, please give me a specific name.

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology


Welcome back to

  • Commonly available painkillers with muscle relaxants are available in the market with name Flexon-MR (Chlorzoxazone) that has to be taken twice daily. However, you should ideally get a prescription from your doctor.
  • She can continue using Volini gel or spray.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
The back of my right leg is paining after a fall. What to do?
Why does my pain radiate from back to thigh?
I am having jaw pain after root canal treatment. Why?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How to treat my upper back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, While sitting on a sofa, I was completely relaxed, and my body was lying unbalanced against it. Suddenly, I felt some pain that started in the upper back area. But it did not disappear even after I got up and did a lot of body straightening and stretching. It was minor. Particularly in ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some painkiller for my back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female, who is suffering from severe back pain. I am a teacher and have a 7 months old child. When I am at work, I have back pains at the end of the backbone, on the right side over the kidney. I got an ultrasound and an x-ray of the back. And I do not have any kidney s...  Read Full »

I have pain in my heels which did not get better with any painkiller. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have a pain in my heels from three to four months. I used a lot of painkillers like Ibuprofen, Voltral, Nims, Dicloran inj, Brexien, Movax, Muscoril, Rotec, Bonate, Carlex D, and Vitamin D inj. and Methicobal inj. etc, but the result is zero. I also try to w...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.