Q. I do not have any sexual feelings for a few days. Kindly suggest a medicine to manage it.

Dr. Raveendran S. R
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

Suddenly from the last few days, I do not have any sexual feelings. My body is not responding to sex. This is really disturbing. Kindly suggest medicine.

#

I can understand your concern. Low Libido has many reasons. The causes are infections, prominently due to urine infection. You can do a urine complete examination and ultrasound pelvis to diagnose the cause. The other causes can be diabetes and hypertension. Make sure that your blood pressure and blood sugar are under control. If you are taking any medication for it, kindly share the name of the medication. Hormonal disturbances such as low testosterone, low levels of thyroid, and high levels of prolactin can cause it.

You can check for TFT (thyroid function test), prolactin, and testosterone. Obesity can also cause low libido. Plan for regular exercise and yoga. High cholesterol level also causes low libido. Check for lipid profile and plan for regular exercise. Chronic disease or any other chronic medication also causes it. If you have anything, kindly share the details. Anxiety can also cause libido issues.

You need to do USG (ultrasound) pelvis to rule out pelvis infection, thyroid check-up of free T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), lipid profile to know cholesterol level, blood pressure, and RBS (random blood sugar). Kindly share more details regarding the above reason. So we can work on the cause and treatment. You can take tablet Mildfil 5 mg (Tadalafil) twice a day as a temporary solution.

|