Q. Is it possible for a woman to lose interest in sex just after two years of marriage?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2021 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2021

I was married eight years ago, but after two years, for some cause, we were separated. I was in touch with my wife, but we had no sex after that. My wife faced ectopic pregnancy, and her one tube was partially removed during that time. Afterward, she is not interested in sex. Three years back, I was diagnosed with chronic kidney diseases, and my creatinine is 1.9 to 2.12 mg/dL. I am currently taking tablet Alpha ketoanalogue, tablet Febustat 40, tablet Lipirose 10, tablet Vitamin A to Z. My wife thinks she will be affected because of my kidney disease. I have never had any urinary infection, nor I had sex with any other after we got separated. Can you please tell me if it is possible for a woman to lose interest in sex just after two years of marriage, or is it due to the operation of the tube? Can I have sex with chronic kidney disease, or is it harmful to the body?

#

I do not think she has lost interest due to any physical issue. If you have doubts, then you can go for hormonal tests. It would be best to get her checked for serum estrogen, progesterone, LH (luteinizing hormone), FSH (follicular stimulating hormone). Both of you separated six years ago, and she had an ectopic at that time. This possibly resulted in a psychological impact on her mind, and she lost the desire for sex. Sexual intercourse is the interplay of physical, psychological, and emotional factors. Every factor should be optimum to have the best enjoyment in sex.

A patient with chronic kidney disease can have regular intercourse. No need to get worried about that. This will not have an impact on you or your wife. You can make her pregnant. There are no issues with that.

You never had any high-risk sexual intercourse and did not have UTI (urinary tract infection), and in that case, you can have sex with your wife without worries.

Try to have a talk with her about your desires. Both of you should sort out your personal issues first and then plan for pregnancy. For some time, go for non-penetrative sex. Just engage in long foreplay. With time she will develop an interest in sex. When an individual does not engage in sex regularly, he or she loses desire sometimes. Just try to find a solution for the emotional issues you have.

|