Q. Why am I having low platelets?

My platelets are usually on lower side ranging from 100000 to 120000 since last one month with no physical symptoms. All other tests are all right like LFT, TFT, and abdominal ultrasound, vitamin B12 is 206 while the iron is 90, urine is also clear. What can be the reason behind low platelets and what are the options for treatment or any further investigation is required?

#

There are many causes of low platelet. Low platelet is known as thrombocytopenia. The causes include different types of hemolytic anemia, viral infection, dengue, ITP, uremia, kidney disease, etc. So I suggest you investigate as follow for primary workup: CBC to check for hemoglobin level, peripheral smear examination report to check for any schistocytes, if present (to exclude hemolytic anemia), urea, creatinine estimation to exclude kidney disease, IgM dengue Elisa testing to exclude dengue, ANA estimation to exclude autoimmune disease.

You can revert back with reports once done. Meanwhile, I suggest you drink lots of water. You can take papaya fruit more to raise platelet.

|