Q. After my treatment for UTI, my erection is poor, and I do not orgasm. Why?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 30, 2020

I am a 50-year-old male, with normal blood sugar, blood pressure and borderline LDL. For the last ten years I had taken treatment for UTI three times, with approximately three years interval. This is my past history. Now I have problem in my sex life. For the last six months I lost my orgasm. But erection was good. I ejaculate normally during orgasm, but I do not feel satisfied after sex. I have sex every 15 days once only. Since last month, I am not having an orgasm and my erection is poor. My erection lasts for only 2 to 3 minutes with very low strength. Currently, I do not take any medicines for any complaint. Due to corona issue I could not consult earlier. I need your suggestions to rectify above problems.

#

Thanks very much for consulting us.

Erection can be related to something we call metabolic syndrome. If you have hyperlipidemia, it means your lipids are high in the blood, or you are overweight slightly as your height is 173 cm, and weight is 82 kg, which is suppose to be 73 kg. The fat in the body is converted to estrogen, and the level of testosterone is reduced. The best way to get an erection before advising medications is to reduce weight by eating high protein, low carb, low-fat diet, and do regular exercise, which is also good for your general health. Meanwhile, please do testosterone level and fasting lipid profile, then follow up. I am sure you will get the benefit of work out and losing weight. After analyzing your test reports, I can advise whether you need a supplement for Testosterone or lipid-lowering medications. Follow-up is essential as if lipids and testosterone are fine, then I can prescribe medication to help you achieve a satisfactory erection. If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards.

|