Q. I am worried about the lump in my neck. What is it?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

I am a 28 year old male. I got a lump in the right side of my neck before two weeks. I am taking capsule Cipmox 500, but it has not yet cured. Though it is not painful, I am worried. It never happened earlier. Please help.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Such neck lump needs clinical examination to get an idea what it is.
  • If it is mobile, painless and static in size, then it could be a fat deposit known as lipoma.
  • In case it is painful, then it can be an abscess or lymph node.
  • The best way out is to get a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) done to check for what it is exactly and treatment would be based on that.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|