Q. What is the treatment for the painful boil on the anus wall?

Answered by
Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 27, 2022

Hello doctor,

I have piles and I have a painful boil on the anus wall. It has been there for a week now. It is increasing, and it is not bleeding. It is happening once in a while, maybe once in two or three years, but it gets controlled faster. I have a photo that I can share, but it is not pleasant. Currently, I am taking Droxyl 500, Diclogesic, and Pilex forte cream.



Welcome to

I have read your query and am sorry for such acute discomfort you are having.

I saw the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's privacy).

There is a localized swelling on the outer aspect of the anal opening. I hope you are referring to that swelling only. I do not see any bleeding or pus spots on the swelling area.

Do you have any antibiotic allergy history? If you have any antibiotic allergy history to the prescribed antibiotic, kindly do not take it.

I would suggest you the following:

1. Do sitz bath. Soak the perineum in a tub filled with warm water (which is tolerable) and add one or two lids of Betadine solution and soak two times a day for at least seven days. It helps in speeding up the healing process and boosts the blood flow to the affected area.

2. Tablet Augmentin (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg twice a day after food for five to seven days.

3. Tablet Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase) twice a day after food for reducing pain and inflammation. You can reduce the frequency of the tablet after pain decreases.

4. Take antigas or antacid medicine if you have a gas formation problem after taking pain reliever medicine.

5. Drink plenty of water to help in easy bowel evacuation.

If it bursts with the above measures, gently wash it, clean with a gauze piece cloth and Betadine solution, and apply Betadine ointment over it. If there is no relief with the above measures, kindly visit a local surgeon doctor to address the problem. Since you have mentioned that anal boil often recurs, please get blood sugar tested to rule out diabetes.

I hope you find my reply helpful and guiding. Please follow up if you have any further related queries.

Take care. Thanks.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Why am I having a small lump in anus area and pain in abdomen?

.. read your query. See the pain in left side of abdomen and lump in the anal area has nothing to do with your previous anal surgery. Left sided abdominal pain may have many causes like minor causes as gas or acidity or some major issues too like kid...   Read full

Can piles cause severe pain while passing stools?

.. very saddened of your symptoms. I have seen many patients with this problem, which causes unbearable pain and anxiety to them. You may be having either anal fissure or piles, but the treatment is almost similar. 1. Eat lot of vegetables and whole...   Read full

Do receptive anal sex result in uncomfortable lump at the anus opening?

.. have seen the picture you have uploaded. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears to be thrombosed piles. It takes a few days for it to settle down well, but it is not anything sinister. A few things would help to give rel...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

H3N2v Influenza - Treatment and Prevention
Management and prevention of an Influenza A virus variant include various treatment options and measures. The below arti...  Read more»
Flu A - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
The flu, or influenza, is a contagious viral infection that attacks the respiratory system. Flu A and B viruses are resp...  Read more»
H3N2v Influenza: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
The H3N2v is a non-human influenza virus seen in pigs and can cause human infection. To know more, read the article belo...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Family Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.