Q. What causes lumps under jaw, ear, and neck?

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat
Published on Sep 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 05, 2019

I feel one lump under my jaw and one on neck. They are movable and shape of them is round in size, may be to my fingers tip and one more lump behind my ear, it is hard. All three do not cause any pain and I have not checked with any doctor. I am worried I am suffering from any serious illness.

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

General Medicine
#

I have read your query carefully as you told that you have movable fingertip-sized lumps and it does not cause pain, please do not worry about that. It does not look like a serious matter although if you want to be 100 % sure then you should go for a test called FNAC test otherwise according to my knowledge these are normal sebaceous cyst or lipoma.

Can the lump under my male breast be cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gyn...  Read Full »

I have lumps in the throat and terrified that I have cancer. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a sore throat and ear pain. I have lots of lumps in the back of my throat. I had Amoxicillin and gastro-resistant tablets. I have a previous history of GERD. I am terrified that I have throat cancer. Please help.  Read Full »

My thyroids are enlarged and asymmetrical. Should I visit an endocrinologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old woman, who in the last six months began to experience thyroid symptoms. I am in the process of looking for a new physician, but I live in a very remote area with a significant shortage of medical professionals, so I am in a lot of ways on my own here. My mother had h...  Read Full »