Q. What causes lumps under jaw, ear, and neck?

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

I feel one lump under my jaw and one on neck. They are movable and shape of them is round in size, may be to my fingers tip and one more lump behind my ear, it is hard. All three do not cause any pain and I have not checked with any doctor. I am worried I am suffering from any serious illness.

Do you have a question on Lump or Fnac?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

MBBS
General Medicine

I have read your query carefully as you told that you have movable fingertip-sized lumps and it does not cause pain, please do not worry about that. It does not look like a serious matter although if you want to be 100 % sure then you should go for a test called FNAC test otherwise according to my knowledge these are normal sebaceous cyst or lipoma.

Can the lump under my male breast be cancerous?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gyn...  Read Full >>
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is gynecomastia as it is common in young age and may cause pain, Although, breast cancer is rare in males, it is more aggressive with rapid growth and spread. I suggest that you take painkillers and send me a photo of the red lump Also if you have...  Read Full

I have lumps in the throat and terrified that I have cancer. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a sore throat and ear pain. I have lots of lumps in the back of my throat. I had Amoxicillin and gastro-resistant tablets. I have a previous history of GERD. I am terrified that I have throat cancer. Please help.  Read Full >>
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having posterior pharyngeal wall hypertrophy. This is due to chronic post-nasal drip. Do you feel some difficulty while swallowing? What medicines have you been taking so far? Do you have a history of smoking? Please follow up with the required information to sug...  Read Full

My thyroids are enlarged and asymmetrical. Should I visit an endocrinologist?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old woman, who in the last six months began to experience thyroid symptoms. I am in the process of looking for a new physician, but I live in a very remote area with a significant shortage of medical professionals, so I am in a lot of ways on my own here. My mother had h...  Read Full >>
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for such a detailed history, it makes my job easier. I would want to know what was the result of the biopsy or FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology). Based on that, I shall be in a better position to tell you the next step. Your thyroid is functioning to i...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now