Q. I feel sad, cranky and tired. What can I do?

Dr. Madathupalayam Madhankumar

My energy levels are low, and I feel sad and cranky. What can I do?

#

You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for a walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food, avoid junk food, get sound sleep at least six to eight hours, develop some creative hobbies like reading books, playing some instrument, painting, writing, etc.

I suggest you start SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) group of medication like Sertraline 50 mg daily in the morning after breakfast and for sleep disturbance take tablet Clonazepam 0.5 mg daily before bed. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Do an investigation to rule out thyroid disorder, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and serum B12 level for vitamin B12 deficiency.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|