iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal MedicinetremorsWhat causes various parts of the body to tremble occasionally?

Various parts of my body trembles occasionally, and I have other symptoms. What is the cause?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At August 31, 2020
Reviewed AtOctober 5, 2022

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have hand trembling intermittently. I have trembling occasionally in my lips, shoulder, leg, and thigh. It takes a few seconds to feel heat or cold especially at the bottom of the feet. When I stand up from an inclined sitting position, I have mini-episodes of blackouts. My lower back of the head hurts a lot. I have painful sharp pain at the tip of my fingers. I have disturbed sleep. I have sharp pain in my chest and sternum. I have dizziness while climbing a spiral staircase. I have these issues for a few months. I feel disconnected from the body. While holding a pen, my hand seems to be weak. I have sudden jerks in my body parts. My spine hurts at times. I hear click like cracks on the hand. I consulted a doctor. I have done a chest X-ray, blood test, ECG, and blood pressure. All the results came back normal. My symptoms came on and off while doing these tests.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Please mention whether you take caffeinated drinks or alcohol. Please mention whether you experience sleepless nights. Please mention whether you have diarrhea or malabsorption syndrome. Your condition needs a thorough physical examination. It can occur due to panic attacks or functional tremors or anemia or BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) or postural hypotension or hyperthyroidism. Do ECG (electrocardiogram), blood pressure examination while sitting and standing position, serum electrolytes, and complete hemoglobin. You can take tablet Inderal 10 mg (Propranolol) daily once at night for a week. If there is no improvement in your symptoms, you need to consult a physician for having an examination and treat your condition accordingly. Have a review with your reports.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu
Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy