Q. My daughter has stomach pain and foul smelling farts. Please help with the treatment.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on May 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 29, 2021

My daughter is 5 years old. Her weight is 10 kg. She had on and off pain in her stomach and a terrible smell when she farts. Please help me out in this problem. I gave her Cyclopam but was not so effective. She is currently on Colicaid.

#

• The first striking point I have noted in your history is the weight of the child. 10 kg for a 5 year old is very less.
  • This history coupled with the history of abdominal pain and indigestion may be indicative of a metabolic disorder or disorder associated with digestion of food.
  • It needs to be evaluated with blood, urine and stool tests after complete physical evaluation.
  • As of now, Cyclopam (Dicyclomine and Simethicone) is the only treatment. But, additional treatment may be required based on the results of the tests obtained and physical evaluation.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|