Q. Following fracture, my finger appears to be tilted. How to correct it?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had a crack in my ring finger. But, after the plaster, the finger tilted towards the little finger. How to get it straight? It has been one week since the plaster is removed. Please help.

#

• One week is a good time to correct any deformities in the finger, if you do not feel that it is straight.
  • Do not delay. Seek immediate consultation or upload the x-ray and show it to me as soon as possible. Also, upload the clinical photograph of the finger. I can see and accurately advice.
  • If you delay, then the soft tissues and bone will set and it will be impossible to correct or straighten the finger later.

For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

I have attached the x-ray and the dates are mentioned on the x-ray. I have also attached a picture of the finger.

#

I saw the clinical images of your hand and also the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I feel that there is some rotational malalignment of the finger, but the length of the finger is fine.
  • You should visit a nearby orthopedic surgeon and get this rotational malalignment of the finger corrected manually. He will put your finger in a splint or a good buddy strapping of the finger after correcting the alignment.
  • If you delay it by a few days, then the fracture will heal and it will be impossible to correct the rotational malalignment.

Restrapping after correction of the malalignment.

For further doubts consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|