Q. Is it normal to get pain in back and chest after malaria treatment?

Dr. Shobhit Shah

I recently had malaria and the symptoms I first got was back pain. It stopped for a while. I was given Dynapar and Lonart to keep me stable. That was a few days ago and I have been getting this strong back pain that also hurt the chest. At times, it hurts when I breathe.

#

Every infective pathology after getting resolved creates a post-infectious syndrome. In your case, it is a post-malaria syndrome. You can take painkillers for it. Take tablet Combiflam once or twice a day. Secondly, if it persists long or it is still worrying you, you can have a USG (whole abdomen) done to look for spleen size that sometimes may cause dull-aching pain.

|