Q. Is it normal to get pain in back and chest after malaria treatment?

Dr. Shobhit Shah
Published on Nov 14, 2018

I recently had malaria and the symptoms I first got was back pain. It stopped for a while. I was given Dynapar and Lonart to keep me stable. That was a few days ago and I have been getting this strong back pain that also hurt the chest. At times, it hurts when I breathe.

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Internal Medicine
#

Every infective pathology after getting resolved creates a post-infectious syndrome. In your case, it is a post-malaria syndrome. You can take painkillers for it. Take tablet Combiflam once or twice a day. Secondly, if it persists long or it is still worrying you, you can have a USG (whole abdomen) done to look for spleen size that sometimes may cause dull-aching pain.

Understanding Low Back Pain

Article Overview: Low back pain is commonly found in young and school going individuals these days unlike it was believed as a disease of old age. So this is a small article giving a basic understanding of low back pain in the young hard working generation. Read Article

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Low back pain is the second most common ailment with common cold being the first. Previously, low back pain was considered age-related, that is, mostly seen in older individuals. So, it was considered a pain due to weak muscles and weak bones. But nowadays, back pain is quite common in the young pop...  Read Article

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full »