Q. Will avoiding masturbation affect my health?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 21, 2020

I am a student and unmarried. I decided to quit masturbation. But, sometimes I cannot control my thoughts and actions and watch pornographic content. When I full erection, I will realize that I decided to quit masturbation and somehow come out of it leaving my erection unattended. Erection goes away within some time. Will avoiding masturbation after an erection affect my normal health or sexual health in any way?

#

• It is normal to watch porn and masturbate. But, that depends upon the frequency and duration.
  • Masturbating weekly twice is good for you. We get erection in so many occasions, but need not masturbate.
  • It will not affect your sex life or erection. Getting erection itself shows that you are perfectly normal.
  • When you further stimulate erection continues and when we ignore it detumescence. So, these are normal phenomena.
  • You are perfectly normal and can masturbate weekly twice. Do not watch porn daily for more than 5 to 10 minutes and get addicted. Anything in excess is bad.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|