Q. Will avoiding masturbation affect my health?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Published on May 30, 2016

I am a student and unmarried. I decided to quit masturbation. But, sometimes I cannot control my thoughts and actions and watch pornographic content. When I full erection, I will realize that I decided to quit masturbation and somehow come out of it leaving my erection unattended. Erection goes away within some time. Will avoiding masturbation after an erection affect my normal health or sexual health in any way?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• It is normal to watch porn and masturbate. But, that depends upon the frequency and duration.
  • Masturbating weekly twice is good for you. We get erection in so many occasions, but need not masturbate.
  • It will not affect your sex life or erection. Getting erection itself shows that you are perfectly normal.
  • When you further stimulate erection continues and when we ignore it detumescence. So, these are normal phenomena.
  • You are perfectly normal and can masturbate weekly twice. Do not watch porn daily for more than 5 to 10 minutes and get addicted. Anything in excess is bad.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Can masturbation damage the tissues of the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old bodybuilder, who weighs 220 lbs and 5.9 feet tall. I masturbate from the past 14 years, and recently I was doing it excessively, up to eight times a day. I never had sex before, and I am afraid of failing in my future relation due to this amount of masturbation. Sometim...  Read Full »

Will Nano-Leo give permanent solution for erection problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 48 years old. I am experiencing weak erection and difficulty in sustaining the same. This condition was observed 10 years back. Also, there is premature ejaculation. Other physical ailments that I have are, I am suffering from hypertension and taking Amlopres-L (Amlodipine and L...  Read Full »

I am not getting full hardness and morning erection. Is there any serious problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not getting full hardness. No morning erection. I got 70 to 80 % hard erection. This is happening for the past two years. Why is this happening and is there any serious problem in my penis? Please help me.  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now