Q. How to improve my weight?

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My problem is that I am losing my weight when I physically intimate with my boyfriend. Also, I got miscarriage once. My height is 5'2" and my weight is 45 kg. For the last three months, I had weight gain capsules. When I stop that medicine, I do not feel hungey. Currently, I am not on any medication. Please share some advise to increase my weight

#

• Your reports appear to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Losing weight does not have anything to do with sex, although sex is considered to be a good exercise.
  • There are a few things you can do to increase your weight. Take six meals a day. Three large that is breakfast, lunch and dinner and three snacks in the form of dry fruits such as walnuts, almonds or pine nuts, raisins, milk, fruits, smoothies, etc.
  • Go for a walk or do any exercise for 30 minutes a day for five times a week in order to increase appetite. It will make you feel hungry and increase your muscle mass thus increasing weight.
  • Add ghee to your foods in small amounts like in dal rice or meat. Take jaggery and dates in milk. They are rich in iron and minerals. It will benefit you greatly.
  • More importantly, it is essential that you are healthy and active as opposed to fat and dull. Less weight is not a problem if it does not interfere in your daily life. So, please relax and take it easy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Actually, I did not feel hungry. When I am having something I feel nausea. I am losing my weight very badly after having sex. I stay very depress, look very bad and skinny. I have tried all the diet, but I cannot able to gain my weight. I am going to get married next year and so I want to look good. Please help me.

#

• It is a myth that having sex has anything to do with weight. Please put that out of your mind.
  • There is no reason for you to be having nausea. All your reports are quite normal. Please try again as I have said above, especially the exercise part.
  • For increasing appetite, I suggest syrup Aristozyme one spoon half an hour before meals. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

I have taken weight gain medicine three months continuously. But, after I stopped the medicine, I did not feel hungry. It is very important for me to gain weight.

#

• I have already suggested medicine for you. Additionally, you can take three capsules of Liv 52 daily before meals.
  • I also suggest Chyawanprash daily. If you refuse to eat, then you cannot gain weight.
  • If you had unprotected sex recently, then please do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy as the cause of your nausea.

|