Q. Why do I keep getting a lot of negative thoughts about my health?

Dr. Aditya Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2021

I am a 47 year old healthy female. My problem is that I think too much and I get a lot of negative thoughts about my health throughout the day. I always feel that something is wrong with me. Apart from that I have a healthy lifestyle and go to the gym regularly. These thoughts keep occurring more before my menstrual cycle, and I feel feverish.

#

These kind of ruminations are quite common, especially in premenstrual period.

The things that will help you are as follows.

1. Meditate daily for at least half an hour in the morning.
  2. Daily write down whatever that comes to your mind uncensored and never read it again.
  3. Avoid caffeinated drinks and add foods rich in antioxidants and Omega fatty acids in your diet.

If these things do not help even after two weeks, then consult a psychiatrist.

For further queries consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|