Q. How are Meprate and intercourse related? Please explain.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am a childless woman for the past six years after marriage. Recently, we went to an IVF center. All my reports and my partner's reports were normal. The doctor prescribed me medicines such as Letrozole, Metital, Supradyn, Folmet, and Meprate.

I am confused about Meprate. I am maintaining a calendar to track my menstrual cycle so that intercourse during ovulation can increase the chances of pregnancy. How are Meprate and intercourse related? Please guide me.

#

Most of the medications given in the process of treatment help in having a regular menstrual cycle, regular ovulation, and to get rid of irregular periods and to support conception. Meprate is progestin. It will act as progesterone which reduces the overgrowth of endometrial thickness, and they help in ovulation.

They are given in patients having irregular cycles. After ovulation, it helps in conception. For quitting the medications, you have to consult your treating doctor. Have folic acid regularly.

|