Metallic Taste

Kindly help me know if the red spots and white patches on my palate are concerning.

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed the red spots and white patches on my hard and soft palate. They are itchy and gives a metallic taste. I tend to scratch them subconsciously. I have been asthmatic since childhood, and my IgE levels are always high. Kindly evaluate the picture attached and advice me on the...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a detailed look at the picture you have sent (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. Such patches are often present and can be due to chronic irritation of the area or due to mult...  Read Full »

Why does my nasal discharge taste like copper?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. I have nasal drainage that tastes like copper and extreme sensitivity to carbon monoxide. No pain and hard to breathe. Yesterday, I took a shower. Today I cannot breathe when I took one. A pressure that feels sore between my trap muscles and back of the neck. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For the nasal discharge, you have to take an antihistamine tablet as Levohistam once daily with breakfast and intranasal corticosteroid spray like Avamys once daily. If the copper taste's nasal discharge continues after 10 days of treatment, you should perform a CT ...  Read Full »

What can attribute to the taste of blood in mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, When I wake up every morning, I feel the taste of blood in my mouth. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please check your mouth by looking into the mirror during brushing your teeth to know any bleeding site in your mouth and throat. Mild bleeding might occur if you have gum disease due to infection or vitamin deficiency. Please consult a dentist to get clinically evaluat...  Read Full »