Q. Has Metformin 500 been recalled due to cancer scare?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

I have diabetes type 2. I am a female. My age is 27 and my weight is 43 kgs. I am currently been taking glimepiride and metformin 500. My height is 5'1''. I have read that metformin 500is recalled due to cancer scare. Require alternative medicine. My last sugar check was 395 mg

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetology General Medicine Sonologist Toxicology
#

Hello greetings.. Happy to give consultation to u.

With the above given history, u r sugar levels are very much high and u need to control u r sugars as early as possible. The current medications are not at all enough to control u r sugars. I will give u the prescription.

Regarding metformin, the cancer risk behind metformin is totally wrong, it's a good drug of choice even we r prescribing this in pregnancy too.. So don't worry abt the cancer risk behind metformin, tats False news.

I would like few investigations for u-

1. Fasting / post prandial sugars
  2. HBA1C
  3. URINE ROUTINE

Kindly do all the above investigations and get back for further evaluation.

I am hereby sending the prescription kindly get these tablets and start taking it. Will follow up in a week with the above said investigations..

Medicines- 1) Tab. Glykind-M 80/500 1-0-1(Before food) (Gliclazide+metformin)

2) Tab. Dynalglipt-M 20/500 1-0-0 (Tenegliptin)

Kindly take these tablets and get back for follow up with above given investigations..kindly contact me anytime for further queries. Kindly give u r valuable feedback. Thank you.

|