Q. Does brown spotting a few days after withdrawal method of sex mean pregnancy?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

The last day of my period was 25 days back. My partner and I had unprotected sex a week later using the withdrawal method. Last day, I experienced having a light brown spot. My next period is due in a few days. I am 18 years old. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Drops of semen if by chance transfer to the vagina, then just a single sperm is enough to have conception but this process is not so simple as it seems. You are scared even without penetrative sex but as it was done around fertile period so that is why thinking of the possibility. Have serum beta hCG (blood pregnancy test) to check pregnancy status. If by chance it comes positive, then report to gynecologist emergency in case of any symptoms appear like bleeding, pain, etc.

Have Folic acid, balanced diet, if the pregnancy test comes positive. Check for abnormality in vaginal swab like a smell, irritation. If yes, then you might need a high vaginal swab to check vaginal infection. In case of a negative pregnancy test, better to have combined oral contraceptives so you could be comfortable.

1. Beta hCG.
2. HVS if vaginal discharge is irritating and smelly.

COCP cyclically if the pregnancy test is negative.

COCP.

|