Q. I have spotting every month just before my period. Why?

Dr. Vidya Muralidhar

I took a morning pill six months ago. Since then, I can see blood spots every month just before my period starts. There is no discharge. The period is fine and regular.

#

The abnormal pattern of spotting cannot be due to the pill as it has been there for longer than expected, for it to be a side effect of the pill.

You will need an examination to rule out local causes like:

1. Cervical erosion.
  2. Polyps.
  3. Endometrial hyperplasia.
  4. Polyps.
  5. Fibroid.
  6. Ovarian cysts.

Apart from that, I suggest you get an ultrasound done of the abdomen and pelvis.

Pap smear needs to be checked too.

And, thyroid and prolactin levels are to be checked.

Based on this, we can treat you accordingly.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|