Q. What should be followed for severe migraine?

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 12, 2019

The complete background of the history of the past 10 years is attached herewith. There is a severe migraine. Right now not on any medicine. Please advise the medication.

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

General Medicine
#

I have read your query and all your reports are very carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity), before prescription I want to know about your diet and digestive system history.

1. Is your digestion normal?

2. Are menstrual periods regular or not?

3. Any surgery that you have undergone in the past?

4. History of hypertension and diabetes?

Please provide me this history then I will prescribe you the best available treatment.

Please find below replies to your question,

1. Digestion is not normal. There are acidity, gas, and constipation problem frequently experienced.

2. Menstrual periods are normal.

3. Knee surgery was there earlier but not connected with migraine.

4. No history of hypertension and diabetes.

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

General Medicine
#

Please follow the below prescription,

1. Tablet Naxdom 250 mg (Naproxen, Domperidone) once daily for two weeks.

2. Tablet Neurovit once daily for two weeks.

3. Cap Omez 20 mg (Omeprazole) once daily before food for 14 days.

Can Aleve and Goody's powder cause stomach upset?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a migraine, so I took two tablets of Aleve. It did not work, so I took Goody's powder, but the pain was still there, so I took another one. The migraine pain has gone, but my stomach seems to be upset.  Read Full »

What ingredients or products can trigger migraines?

Query: Hello doctor, What ingredients or products can trigger migraines, and why this is the case? Some common foods or ingredients I have heard of are alcohol, aged cheese, chocolate, nitrates, MSG, and artificial sweeteners. Is there any truth to these? Are there any substances in common household produ...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in the back of chest with poor bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas.  Read Full »