Q. Can I get milia removed without scar?

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Gupta and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Milia or Sunprotection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can I get milia removed without scar?

I have a noticeable milia spot on my cheek. My dermatologist said that she would extract, but it could leave a dented scar. I have read that it does not scar. I am very nervous and unhappy with this milia, which looks like a big whitehead.

Will it be safe to get it extracted? I have panic and anxiety disorder. So, I am so anxious right now. My current medications are Xanax and Simvastatin. I never had milia before and all my laboratory work is good. Please share your opinion.