Q. I did not get my periods for four months. Please suggest what to do.

Dr. Tinu Philip

I have a missed period for four months. This has happened before and my period came normally for one to two years after. There is no pain and no medications for that. No symptoms or chances of being pregnant. Please suggest.

#

Irregular periods can be due to many reasons. A little bit more information will help in making the right diagnosis. May I know when you had your first periods? Have you lost or gained weight recently? Any change in lifestyle or stress recently? Are you having any pimples, hair growth in face, chin, etc? All the above reasons can contribute to irregular periods. You could also be dealing with a condition called PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).

I got my first period when I was 12. i.e approximately four years back. I have not gained or lost any weight. I have been stressed for a few months due to exams and school otherwise no major change in my lifestyle other than exercise. No pimples recently, but yes, a little hair is present on my face.

#

From this history, I feel you do not have to worry too much regarding your irregular periods. It is normal in your age group for periods to be irregular to an extent. Keep a track of your menstrual dates on a calendar for the next six months. If the cycles are within 45 days, you do not need to take any treatment. Just make sure you do not gain too much or lose too much weight.

Weight gain, lots of pimples, and lots of hair in the face can be a sign of PCOS. Watch out for these. Make sure you do not eat too much fried stuff, chocolates, and have some exercise in your daily routine. This will avoid PCOS.

Agr related.

?early onset PCOS.

Stress-related irregular periods.

Conservative. Menstrual calendar.

Exercise, dietary modifications.

After three months.

| 

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »

Though my pregnancy test is negative, I miss my period. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I have missed periods and a negative pregnancy test. Should I wait for another test? I tested three days back. The last LMP date was exactly a month back. This is related to my wife.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»