Q. I did not get periods in the last two months. When will I ovulate next?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 04, 2021

I have missed my period for two months. I am worried about whether I have ovulation or not.

#

Many factors can delay periods such as stress, anxiety, strenuous exercise, sudden weight gain or weight loss, strict diet, hormonal imbalance, contraceptives, and medications. Unprotected sex leads to pregnancy. It can also cause it. You need to have lifestyle modification for diet. You need to do physical activities and have a balanced weight. You need to quit recreational drugs if you are taking them. You have disturbance in ovulation and cycle regulation. If you do not have a pregnancy, then you can follow these steps.

For getting periods or withdrawal bleed, you can take a tablet Duphaston 10 mg (Dydrogesterone) twice daily for seven days and wait for getting periods. After getting bleeding for two days, you can check hormonal blood profiles such as LH (luteinizing hormone), FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), thyroid function test, prolactin, insulin, testosterone, and progesterone.

You can take an ultrasound of the pelvis to look for any pathology. Have a follow up with all the reports. Diane 35 (Cyproterone with Ethinyl estradiol) can be taken for three cycles to have hormonal support. Have a walk, yoga, and do exercise daily. Have a balanced diet. Try to maintain your weight and BMI (body mass index). Take less salt, sugar, oil, and spices in your diet.

You have a delay due to hormonal changes or conception.

You need to do a hormonal profile and ultrasound.

Follow the treatment as mentioned above.

Have a follow-up with the reports.

|