Q. I am suffering from warts and molluscum. How did I get the infection?

Answered by
Dr. Shalini Patodiya
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am a 24 year old male. Last year, I had a few molluscum contagiosum in my lower abdomen. I took the treatment, and they were gone. After two to three months, I got one skin tag on the skin around my penis. I applied a lotion (Salicylic acid 16.7% and Lactic acid 16.7%), and the skin tag was removed. But, it came back after three months. Currently, I am suffering from genital warts and taking treatment.

My doctor told me to get some test and here are the results. Lipid profile - triglycerides 125 mg/dL, HDL 35 mg/dL and LDL 113 mg/dL, CBC - lymphocyte 44%, serum amylase 121 IU/L, Helicobacter pylori IgA 0.45 (negative) and urine test - pus cells 3 to 4/HPF. Currently, I am taking these medicine as advised by my doctor. Zincolak one tablet twice daily, Zycolchin one tablet twice daily and Dicaris 150 mg one tablet once a day for three days.

My question is that I am a healthy man with high immunity. I never get sick all around the year. How did I catch this infection? I have multiple sex partner, but I never had sex without a condom, or my condom never broke. Please give me a detailed answer and also give me advice for the treatment.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Warts and molluscum are common sexually acquired infections and can occur in healthy individuals.

Warts spread by touch and condoms will only protect the covered area. Base of the penis, thighs, lower abdomen are all exposed. So, both warts and molluscum can be transmitted even with condom usage.

For treatment, I suggest you Imiquimod 5% cream. Apply it over the affected area thrice a week and leave it overnight and wash in the morning. Use it for 16 weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

Also, you should get tested for HIV and hepatitis.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can the HPV vaccine be used to cure genital warts?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I had genital warts five years ago, had them removed via cauterization and received three injections of HPV vaccine Gardasil. The doctor said the vaccine would cure the virus, but after a year, warts reappeared and until now they are still in my scrotum, and th...  Read Full »

I have some eruptions on the skin of my pubic area. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having these hard clusters of bumps show up in the pubic region. The bumps are not razor burn. They are not filled with fluid. They can be cut off, but I want to get to the source to remove them. They do not itch, nor do they hurt. Any help would be appreciated.  Read Full »

Why am I having sharp pain in my vagina when I pee?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old female. I urge to pee quite often. I have a sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. I have the urge to pee frequently. But when I go to the toilet, I do not have the urge to pee. Is this due to UTI or STD?  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.