Q. Why do I get regular mood swings?

Dr. Sathya Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on May 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2021

I used to be very kind, warm and confident in life. My mother has been suffering from cancer for the past six years. Now, I feel barren and has become immune to anything in life. I have changed a lot. I get mood swings regularly. I am taking HCG 400 for palindromic rheumatism. Please help.

#

I am sorry to hear about your mother's condition.

• You are indeed brave to have taken on all these changes at such a young age. Your decision to seek help is absolutely right and extremely brave. Let me first congratulate you for that.
  • Given the circumstances and the symptoms you are reporting, it seems that you are suffering from depression.
  • Many people consider depression as a sign of weakness. No, that is completely wrong. Depression is a sign of having tried to stay strong for too long.
  • You must wear it like a star on your shoulder, a feather in your cap for all the brave things that you have done. But do not worry.  The solution is simpler than you might imagine.
  • Medicines will help to strengthen your mind; face problems and solve them effectively and feel better.
  • I suggest you capsule Prodep (Fluoxetine) 20 mg one in the morning after breakfast daily. After one week, increase it to two capsules daily and in about three weeks time, you will start feeling much better. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|