Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I am suffering from muscle pain near my chest. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Divya Agarwal
and medically reviewed by Dr.Nithila A
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 05, 2019

Hello doctor,

I have muscle pain near the chest. I am having muscle pain near the chest from the last two to three months. I have done all the cardiac tests, and it is fine, then I consulted a rheumatologist, and she suggested some tests and medicine. It has been a month, and I am still having some pain.



Welcome to

You are right, and you have peripheral arthritis due to HLA-B27 positive. Your chest pain is due to enthesitis, and please feel free to query me in this regard. If your HLA-B27 positive by PCR (polymerization chain reaction), because that is a condition which can give rise to pain in the chest.

Thank you doctor,

I have not done a PCR test. What medicine should I take? And is it something very serious?



Welcome back to

As you are describing, you have muscle pain, and there are some types of arthritis called spondyloarthritis which can produce pain and tenderness in entheses of the chest. So it is essential first to confirm whether this is the cause of your pain. This pain generally gets reduced by taking NSAIDs like Diclofenac or Naproxen. In severe cases, DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs), steroids, or biological medication is used. This depends on the severity of the disease. So HLA-B27 report is required to confirm the diagnosis. It is not severe. However, it is a troublesome disease.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I am HLA-B27 patient. Is there any side effects on taking Adalimumab injections?

.. to understand that every medicine has its side effects and it is not that everyone gets it. Important is treatment. Since your disease may get worse with the passing years, Adalimumab injections would help you in controlling your disease. It rarel...   Read full

Are Elisa, RNA PCR and Tri-Dot sufficient to rule out HIV?

.. that you should repeat the test after 12 weeks of exposure, but because you have undergone test many times, you are almost sure that you do not have HIV. But it is better to repeat once after 12 weeks. You need not be anxious as most likely it tur...   Read full

I have dull, persistent aches and pain in abdomen. Is it due to dance practice?

.. your complaints, it seems you may be suffering from muscular pain if your pain is not related to any signs like change in bowel habits or related to any abnormality in periods or menstruation or any kind of change in stool or urine and any other a...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines in India
Two vaccines, Covishield and Covaxin, have been granted emergency use authorization in India. Read about these vaccines'...  Read more»
Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Rheumatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.