Q. I am suffering from muscle pain near my chest. Please help.

Dr. Divya Agarwal

I have muscle pain near the chest. I am having muscle pain near the chest from the last two to three months. I have done all the cardiac tests, and it is fine, then I consulted a rheumatologist, and she suggested some tests and medicine. It has been a month, and I am still having some pain.

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatology
#

You are right, and you have peripheral arthritis due to HLA-B27 positive. Your chest pain is due to enthesitis, and please feel free to query me in this regard. If your HLA-B27 positive by PCR (polymerization chain reaction), because that is a condition which can give rise to pain in the chest.

| 

I have not done a PCR test. What medicine should I take? And is it something very serious?

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatology
#

As you are describing, you have muscle pain, and there are some types of arthritis called spondyloarthritis which can produce pain and tenderness in entheses of the chest. So it is essential first to confirm whether this is the cause of your pain. This pain generally gets reduced by taking NSAIDs like Diclofenac or Naproxen. In severe cases, DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs), steroids, or biological medication is used. This depends on the severity of the disease. So HLA-B27 report is required to confirm the diagnosis. It is not severe. However, it is a troublesome disease.

|