Q. My nose feels partially obstructed and my head feels swollen. What to do?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My nose feels partially obstructed, and my head feels swollen. What to do? Please help.

#

Nasal obstruction most commonly occurs due to nasal congestion secondary to allergy or infection. But sometimes it could be due to Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS), which requires examination or x-ray of PNS for confirmation. Most likely in your case, it is nasal congestion with sinusitis. I suggest you try taking tablet Allercet-DC (Cetirizine and Phenylephrine) twice a day for 3 days. Take steam inhalation thrice a day.

|