Q. My 29 day old already has two teeth. What should be done?

Dr. Praveena Borra
Published on Oct 08, 2013 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My son is 29 days old. He already has two teeth and one more is developing in the left upper jaw. What action do we need to take?

#

It is rare, but babies may be born with teeth. These are called natal teeth.

I would like you to just keep a watch on your baby very often. You might have taken too much of calcium during your pregnancy, so it might have come out early for him.

Since they do not have a very strong root support, usually these teeth fall off if they are very loose or they might stay until his permanent teeth come later in life.

Newborn babies with teeth might injure their gums and tongue. So, just keep watching in case such things happen.

If the teeth are very loose, that is hanging from the gums, and are going to fall off anytime, then please see your dentist.

Nothing to worry. Some babies grow with teeth without any problems.

For further information consult a paediatric dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pedodontist

My gums are itchy after using mouthwash. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My gums are itchy after eating. I used mouthwash. After using it, I usually rinse my mouth with water. I started to have a burning sensation in my gums after using mouthwash. But still, my gums are itchy.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have gingivitis. You have itching sensation after having meals is because of the periodontal pocket presenting with a gap between the teeth and gums. Please mention about the mouthwash used whether it is Chlorhexidine or H2O2 (Hydrogen peroxide). If you use H2O2, it...  Read Full

Got crossbite following ortho treatment, what to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had braces before two years. During that time, I had a jaw expander for my upper teeth as they were too crowded. I was wondering if my dentist is giving me false information because she is scared as she will ruin my teeth. From my picture¬†the lip piercing side is my left side and ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By looking at the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that the tooth is slightly tilted. It is definitely due to the pulling force of the elastics to close the spaces and bring the teeth into alignment. The slight inward tilt is normal in the...  Read Full

Noticed a few changes in my mouth. Are they suggestive of cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I just wanted to know if the attached pictures are suggestive of mouth cancer.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw both the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are just normal features seen inside the mouth. The bluish black you see is a blood vessel and the whitish color of the cheeks is just keratinized epithelium. So, do not worry and they are n...  Read Full

Ask a Pedodontist Now