Q. Can masturbation cause negative thoughts?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Published on Apr 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I masturbate daily. I have problem of negative thoughts and going through little depression. Some links says that it is due to masturbation. I am already taking homeopathic medicine for my depression. Please suggest some medicine for depression. I am taking homeopathy medicines for the past six months but did not get any relief. I am currently taking Tranquil, Kali phos 200, Gelsemium and ADEL 51 and R-14. Please help.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• Masturbation will never cause these problems as you are having. Semen is produced daily. So, even if you do daily there is no harm. But, too much of anything is bad as you can utilize your time for something useful to you.
  • You have not mentioned your age. I suggest you to do masturbation on alternate days. Do not stop doing it, which will help you realize that it is not harming you.
  • Secondly, negative thinking has nothing to do with masturbation. You should start doing some exercise daily.
  • Spend some time in meditation and prayer. Learning yoga and meditation will help you a lot.
  • For your depression, I suggest you to consult a psychiatrist who will help you to boost your confidence with few medicines for a short time.
  • Be happy and find different ways to be happy. Remove the fear of masturbation.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full »

Please suggest yoga asanas that would improve blood flow to testicles.

Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest me the yoga names to improve blood flow to the testicles. I have weak erections, watery semen, and loss of libido. I am taking Pantogem DSR for indigestion and Stalopam plus for stress. My local doctor prescribed these medicines.  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now