Q. My thumb shakes when I hold the phone or remote. What is causing this?

Answered by Dr. Nazma Parveen and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Nerve Compression or Tremors? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: My thumb shakes when I hold the phone or remote.  What is causing this?

I am 23 years old. I have been having some problems with my thumb. My thumb starts shaking when I use my smartphone or hold a remote control. It started with numbness right below the nail of my thumb. The numbness went away but now it shakes up, down, left, and right. Sometimes, it goes away and then it comes back. I think hot water makes it feel better as it stops shaking after I have taken a hot shower. Also, Aspirin helps a lot. No pain, just feels stiff. What can be causing this? This happens on my right hand.