iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPediatricsneuropathyMy daughter has very limited leg movements. Please advise.

My 4-month-old daughter has very little movement in her legs. What can be done?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 11, 2017
Reviewed AtFebruary 11, 2024

Patient's Query

My daughter is four months old. We observed that there was very little movement in her legs. We performed an EMG and an NCV along with a vitamin D test. The report mentions generalized motor axonal polyneuropathy. I could only understand that there is an issue with her nerves in several areas but nothing more. Can you please shed any light on this and whether she will fully recover and any expected timeline?

It is advisable to do a nerve biopsy along with an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the brain and spine and a detailed physical examination by a pediatric neurologist to come to a conclusion as to what we are dealing with. There are various different types of neuropathy. Neuropathy means that there is something wrong with either a single nerve or a bunch of nerves. It may be present since birth or may be acquired later in life. In order to find out what we are dealing with, please do the investigations suggested above.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Pediatrics

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Pediatrics

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy