Q. Please help with my issues of numbness and vitamin deficiency.

Answered by Dr. Divakara P and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Numbness or Calcium Deficiency? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Please help with my issues of numbness and vitamin deficiency.

I am a 33 year old male. I am from prickling, numbness, warm sensation in my feet and hands and tingling in my lips and mouth for the past two years. I had a severe cough for around two years and recently, it got resolved. My issue, initially started with prickling and burning sensations in feet and after that both palms.

Now, it has increased above knee. I visited a neurologist, but the problem was not solved. Presently, I am suffering from numbness and tingling in the mouth on lip area, prickling, burning sensations and numbness in feet, legs and palms, getting tired after moving through staircase, feeling some discomfort in chest area like heaviness for some time, gas problem and recurrent mouth ulcer.

My sugar test, BP, NCV, ANA profile, TMT and ECG are normal. ACE 69, HSV1 positive, vitamin D 17 deficient and uric acid 8.2.

I am completely blank now; I am not getting any hope of good treatment for my problem. I had unprotected sex 9 years ago. My CMIA test and rapid HIV test came back negative that time.

I had medicine for herpes simplex for a month, vitamin D3 60K once in a week for four weeks and then once a month for six months. But, my problem remains the same. I will be highly obliged to you. I am struggling because of my present health condition. Kindly advise the treatment.