Oct

Is my blurry vision due to acoustic trauma that occurred three months back?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a situation that is causing me lots of concern, and I have seen many specialists in my country, but it did not help. Three months back, just before Christmas, I suffered an acoustic noise trauma. The doctor had performed a micro-suction ear wax removal which caused a very louder noi...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Juliet Barboza

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern. So sorry to hear about your predicament. From the details you have given so far, I understand that all these issues began after getting your ear wax removed. You mentioned that you had dental swelling, which could have been an infection that co...  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse and doctors say myopia cannot be cured. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,Before two years, my eyesight was perfect. But during that time only because of me using phone late night it started declining and now its R= >-2.25, L = >-2.00. I used '>' because I am currently not able to see that clearly with my current glasses. Within the span of three yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Adolescent myopia is a condition that we come across in ophthalmology, and it is considered physiological, but specific approaches should be maintained and other pathologies to be excluded such as disorders in the macula that might be mimicking myopia. The first step...  Read Full »

Why do I see dark and light spots in my vision?

Query: Hello doctor,I notice some spots in my vision. But my vision is not distorted or blurred. The spots are dark sometimes and pale sometimes. It is more noticeable in my right eye rather than my left. This happens if I were to close one eye and look with another eye.Is this dangerous?Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Most likely, the spots in your vision are degenerative retina patches.I suggest you do a visual field analysis and OCT (Optical coherence tomography) to rule out scotoma. Regards.  Read Full »

Why am I finding it difficult to read letters on a bright background?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a hard time reading letters on a bright white background or any other bright color for few months. I can read it, but my brain has some issues. I do not have a problem reading white letters on a black background. I was at a few doctors, but the only thing they said was that to chang...  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you to get a detailed retina examination done to rule out pathological myopia and wet AMD (age-related macular degeneration). Also, get an OCT (optical coherence tomography) macula done and contrast sensitivity. Get back to me with these test results.  Read Full »

What causes gray patches in vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I see a leaf shape gray splotch in the center of my vision on my right eye. When I look with both eyes, it goes away, but when I cover my left eye, I see it. It started last night. Is this an emergency? I am a diabetic and I take insulin Novolin 70/30 twice daily.  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have complained about a sudden onset of gray splotch in your central vision of the right eye, which curiously disappears when you see with both eyes. Well, it seems there is definitely a problem in the central or paracentral visual field of your right eye, whic...  Read Full »

Is OCT scan reliable in detecting pseudo-papilledema?

Query: Hello doctor, I did an OCT scan for the first time last week, but it appears that the sup / nas is slightly diluted. Well, I was born with an optic nerve abnormality they call it pseudo-papilledema. I was born with high hyperopia en strabismus (high hyperopia may be associated with blurring of the...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the OCT (optic coherence tomography) reports of your left eye. (attachment removed to proteect patient identity). I understand that you have been informed that you have pseudo papilloedema of your left eye. Let me explain to you in very simple w...  Read Full »

My mother is not able to see things clearly because of ERM. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 59-years-old. Her height 5'2 and weight 66. She has ERM in eyes, and so, she is not able to see correctly. She has done the OCT test twice this year. 1. Observed ERM in both eyes. 2. ILM RPE central subfield thickness is 387. 3. Cube volume is 12.1. 4. Cube average th...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has problem in macular region in which there is decreased vision mostly central vision. Epiretinal membrane has thickened on the retina. Most cases improve on medication. Of vision is degrading. It has to be surgically corrected by doing vitrectomy intraretinal ...  Read Full »

My intraocular pressure has risen to 16, to 21. Will it continue to increase?

Query: Hello doctor,Over the past six years or so, my intraocular pressure (both eyes) has risen to 16, to 19, and now to 21. Will it continue to increase still? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you might have been informed, increased eye pressure is mainly associated with the disease called glaucoma. This chronic symptomless disease is very drastic to the optic nerve and might lead to irreversible damage, and in the end, cause blindness. However, this e...  Read Full »

My OCT shows nerve fiber and ganglion cell thinning. Do I have angle-closure glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor,I concern that I have angle-closure glaucoma. I took a strong sleeping pill called Trazodone one night and woke up with a decreased vision in the right eye. My left eye became bad three weeks later. It has now been three months with no improvement. Fundus and other clinical examinations...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your reports with patience. OCT (optical coherence tomography) of optic nerve head is normal. Your vision, color vision, visual field, and intraocular pressure are normal. I do not think you have any glaucoma. Please feel free to ask your queries.   Read Full »

Are loss of sharp clarity and blurred vision the symptoms of macular degeneration?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I have been experiencing unusual vision problems. I have lost sharp clarity, and I had an OCT which showed thinning of ganglion cells in my maculas. Other clinical results looked normal. But I am scared that I have damaged my eyes because it seems things are...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these symptoms, but hopefully, we can get them resolved or attended to. Unfortunately, I cannot assess the OCT because you only attached the doctor's conclusion (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and not the ...  Read Full »