Oct

My mother is not able to see things clearly because of ERM. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 59-years-old. Her height 5'2 and weight 66. She has ERM in eyes, and so, she is not able to see correctly. She has done the OCT test twice this year. 1. Observed ERM in both eyes. 2. ILM RPE central subfield thickness is 387. 3. Cube volume is 12.1. 4. Cube average th...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has problem in macular region in which there is decreased vision mostly central vision. Epiretinal membrane has thickened on the retina. Most cases improve on medication. Of vision is degrading. It has to be surgically corrected by doing vitrectomy intraretinal ...  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse and doctors say myopia cannot be cured. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,Before two years, my eyesight was perfect. But during that time only because of me using phone late night it started declining and now its R= >-2.25, L = >-2.00. I used '>' because I am currently not able to see that clearly with my current glasses. Within the span of three yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Adolescent myopia is a condition that we come across in ophthalmology, and it is considered physiological, but specific approaches should be maintained and other pathologies to be excluded such as disorders in the macula that might be mimicking myopia. The first step...  Read Full »

My intraocular pressure has risen to 16, to 21. Will it continue to increase?

Query: Hello doctor,Over the past six years or so, my intraocular pressure (both eyes) has risen to 16, to 19, and now to 21. Will it continue to increase still? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you might have been informed, increased eye pressure is mainly associated with the disease called glaucoma. This chronic symptomless disease is very drastic to the optic nerve and might lead to irreversible damage, and in the end, cause blindness. However, this e...  Read Full »

My OCT shows nerve fiber and ganglion cell thinning. Do I have angle-closure glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor,I concern that I have angle-closure glaucoma. I took a strong sleeping pill called Trazodone one night and woke up with a decreased vision in the right eye. My left eye became bad three weeks later. It has now been three months with no improvement. Fundus and other clinical examinations...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your reports with patience. OCT (optical coherence tomography) of optic nerve head is normal. Your vision, color vision, visual field, and intraocular pressure are normal. I do not think you have any glaucoma. Please feel free to ask your queries.   Read Full »

Are loss of sharp clarity and blurred vision the symptoms of macular degeneration?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I have been experiencing unusual vision problems. I have lost sharp clarity, and I had an OCT which showed thinning of ganglion cells in my maculas. Other clinical results looked normal. But I am scared that I have damaged my eyes because it seems things are...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these symptoms, but hopefully, we can get them resolved or attended to. Unfortunately, I cannot assess the OCT because you only attached the doctor's conclusion (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and not the ...  Read Full »

Will I have glaucoma as I have borderline changes in my RNFL reports?

Query: Hi doctor, My ophthalmologist had detected a suspicion of glaucoma more in my right eye compared to the left eye and have optical nerve cupping of 0.4 in left and 0.6 cupping in the right. I had undergone LASIK surgery before six months. In tonometry, I had IOP around 17 (puff test). My report for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you have already said, there are few variations in your OCT (optical coherence tomography) RNFL (retinal nerve fiber layer) test more on the right eye compared to the left. So, you are a...  Read Full »

Is it recommended to do optic nerve sheath fenestration after VP shunt surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My sister suffered intracranial hypertension six months back and she became blind a few weeks after. A lot was done (lumbar puncture, etc.) to bring back her vision but in vain. Recently she has had VP shunt surgery and there is another plan to do optic nerve sheath fenestration. I woul...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the scans and the VEP (visual evoked potential) report you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In the OCT (optical coherence tomography) the optic nerve heads do seem bulged out. Was an MRI done? VP (ventriculoperitoneal) shunt surger...  Read Full »