Q. Certain fluid is coming out of vagina after unprotected sex. Is I-pill required?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I had unprotected sex yesterday but my partner is not sure if he withdrew on time. Today morning I felt certain fluid coming out of my vagina. Should I take an I-pill to avoid pregnancy? Will it cause any side effects in later stages? My menstrual date is around 7th of each month. Also, I have PCOD so will the contraceptive pill cause any problem? Please advice.

#

It would be better if you take regular cyclic contraceptives instead of emergency for few months generally. At present emergency contraceptive pills to be taken to be on safe side as millions of sperms in 1 to 2 most of semen and only one sperm enough to give pregnancy, if things go well at each step.

Emergency and hormonal contraceptives have hormones so every hormone have its effects and it is not necessary that body get all side effect for every individual. It might be possible you would have irregular, unscheduled bleeding for some time. After taking emergency pills, withdrawal bleeding after 1 to 2 weeks is most commonly observed. In addition, mood variations, breast tenderness, abdominal fullness can be observed.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|