Please answer the following queries: (assume all questions about oral sex are done without a dental dam in place).
1) If both partners are clean, can one get an STI from the partner during oral sex?
2) For oral sex, what diseases or negative side effects (discluding STD/STI) could come about as a result of oral sex?
3) Does the anus need to be cleaned before oral sex, and how so should it be cleaned? Does the vagina need to be cleaned before oral sex too?
4) Is it unsanitary to perform oral sex, and should it even be done in general?
5) If one person has cuts and scrapes inside the mouth, I have heard not to perform oral sex. Is this just if one person has an STI or oral infection, or just in general?
Kindly give your opinion.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Answers for your queries are as follows:
1) Usually no chance to get STI (sexually transmitted disease) but difficult to predict.
2) Usually, STIs are common. Some allergies can also occur.
3) Yes, it is better to clean the anus and vagina before sex. Use a mild antiseptic soap to clean.
4) It is not unsanitary to perform.
5) It is better to avoid as some can be in the incubation phase and may have no symptoms.
I hope this was helpful.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Hi doctor, Four days ago, I had oral sex with a lady, who I already know ... Oral sex does not cause HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)... Read fullI performed oral sex right after getting scaling done. What is my risk of HIV?
Hi doctor, A few weeks ago, I had oral sex with a female sex worker ... I did oral sex initially after I... Read fullKindly suggest ointment for balanitis.
First of all, you need to get blood tests for sexually transmitted diseases like VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory), HIV and HSV (herpes simplex virus), as the act may cause herpes simpl... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Sexologist Now