Q. Is female orgasm necessary for conceiving?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
Published on Jan 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 15, 2019

Is female orgasm necessary to get conceive? Are both male and female orgasms required at the same time for conceiving? After sex some amount of semen leaks out, is it normal? Please give me some suggestion. Thank you.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Female orgasm is not at all necessary for conceiving. Many females experience orgasm after many years of sexual activity.
  • Male and female orgasm at the same time is also not necessary for conceiving.
  • It is normal for some semen to leak after sex and even leaks out totally from female vagina, but that does not mean that she cannot conceive. Even the precum can also help you to conceive.
  • Suggestions for conceiving:
  1. First try to relax and do not take any stress. This will help you to keep your hormone levels under control.
  2. Take trial during ovulation days of your partner which will be roughly between 12-16th day in a woman with 28-30 days cycle or broadly middle 14 days of the cycle.
  3. One more important thing for you is to gain weight. You are quite underweight with BMI of 10.
  4. You can get your semen analysis done to see if all parameters are normal.
  5. Take self trial for 6 months or so, otherwise you can go for investigations.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

My sperm count is fine. Kindly suggest, is it a must to intercourse daily or one day after to get conceive? Thank you.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Frequency of intercourse is your personal choice. But for conceiving, you need to do intercourse daily in middle days of cycle or to be more specific 11th to 20th day of cycle.
  • To know exactly otherwise, she can get one ovulation study done, where on ultrasound daily size of follicle is monitored and when it ruptures is also seen.
  • Once the follicle ruptures, egg is released and it remains viable for 24 hours and that is the most critical and appropriate time of conception.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely gain weight. If you think you are not getting 100% of what you are eating, it could be probably due to worm infestation in intestine. For that you can take tablet Ivoral Forte (combination of Ivermectin and Albendazole) once after dinner. To gain weight...  Read Full

Seminal leak associated with testis pain with just excitement. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing seminal leak and pain in left testis on excitement without sex. Situation worsens when excited after exercising. This seminal discharge is causing anxiety and pain. I am having this problem since last 10 years. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. It may be due to infection of epididymis or prostate. You should do ultrasound of scrotum, prostate and also bacterial culture along with drug sensitivity of prostatic massage fluid, after which a course of suitable antibiotic may ...  Read Full

Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that it has normal liquefaction time, total sperm count is in the normal range and active mobile is low, volume adequate, and normal morphology is low and also has puss cell which indicates...  Read Full