Overbite

Please suggest a treatment plan for my dental problems.

Query: I am 21. I have gaps in my teeth, little overbite, and a premolar is missing.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query , Am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. As a Specialist am here to help you. As per the image, first of all need an Xray to determine whether the premolar is impacted or simply not present inside the jaw. Secondly g...  Read Full »

How would Invisalign help to correct my overbite?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an overbite that no one wants to treat. I have TMJD (jaw pain, crunching, grinding, and squeaking) for which I am getting physio for but I still have the issue of the overbite. My top front teeth completely overlap my bottom and I have issues with speaking and eating.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Treating overbite is a simple procedure and very cost effective. Your local dentist will fabricate a bite plate that you need to keep on wearing as long as possible like ...  Read Full »

How can overbite be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have currently researched the issue and symptoms of overbites in humans. I do think I fit in that category and was wondering if to correct this problem I would need jaw surgery. I have had braces for 3 years and have seen results but not to my preference. That treatment is over and...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. As a specialist I would like to help you. Overbite is also known as deep bite. Upper jaw covers the lower jaw. Mostly due to proclined upper jaw. Normal orthodontic treatment solves the problem. But if the lower jaw is shorter (identified ...  Read Full »

Are elastics compulsory to correct overbite?

Query: Hi doctor, I was informed by my dentist that I have a problem with my bite and I use elastics along with my braces. I feel it uncomfortable. I force my teeth to stay how they really are. I have no problem with my jaw and I am very unhappy about the way I look with elastics. My teeth do not fit toget...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are happy with your current bite, then you can definitely tell your dentist to keep your bite as it is and that you do not want elastics. He will modify his treatment plan accordingly and will stop when the teeth are stabilized properly. But, if there is some occlu...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treat gaps in the bottom row of teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old and very self-conscious about my teeth. I understand that I have an overbite, which cannot be corrected unless I have jaw surgery. I had braces as a teenager, but they were taken off early, and now my teeth are shifting. I have a gap on the bottom row of teeth and some c...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, attached file (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can understand your concern regarding dental health. The gap which is present in your lower left side is very small and can be closed by wearing fixed retainer for 6 to 12 m...  Read Full »

My daughter has crooked teeth. Does she need braces?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 15 years old. She has crooked bottom teeth and overbite. Also, her molars have overlapped at the back, so that the baby tooth is still on top of the adult tooth. Otherwise, her teeth are fine. But,  she is not happy with her smile. Does she need braces?  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your daughter's dental health. First of all, I would like to advise you to consult good orthodontist for the diagnosis of the crooked tooth and needful treatment of the same teeth by taking the x-ray of the same tooth. If the baby ...  Read Full »