Q. I have PCOS from eight years, and now I am trying to conceive. Please guide me.

Answered by Dr. Aparna M Sathawane and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ovulation Induction or Polycystic Ovarian Disease? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have had PCOS on and off for more than eight years now. I have a 7 year old child, and I have been trying to conceive for the past six months with no results. I took Diane-35 for seven months and stopped it half a year ago as we started planning for my second baby. After stopping it, I have had my periods regularly. My last period was over a month ago. I have severe pain in my pelvic region for the past three days. I went for an abdomen and transvaginal scan today, and everything seems to be normal. The uterus size is 5.6 x 4.0 x 5.7 cm, the endometrial thickness is 9 mm, ovaries are 3.2 x 2.2 cm and 3.0 x 2.0 cm. The report says multiple peripheral small follicles with central hyperechoic stroma noted in both ovaries. What does it mean and why am I unable to conceive? I have attached my reports for your consideration.