Q. I have PCOS from eight years, and now I am trying to conceive. Please guide me.

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane
Published on Jun 17, 2017

I have had PCOS on and off for more than eight years now. I have a 7 year old child, and I have been trying to conceive for the past six months with no results. I took Diane-35 for seven months and stopped it half a year ago as we started planning for my second baby. After stopping it, I have had my periods regularly. My last period was over a month ago. I have severe pain in my pelvic region for the past three days. I went for an abdomen and transvaginal scan today, and everything seems to be normal. The uterus size is 5.6 x 4.0 x 5.7 cm, the endometrial thickness is 9 mm, ovaries are 3.2 x 2.2 cm and 3.0 x 2.0 cm. The report says multiple peripheral small follicles with central hyperechoic stroma noted in both ovaries. What does it mean and why am I unable to conceive? I have attached my reports for your consideration.

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Childbirth Educator Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Your ultrasonography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows polycystic ovaries and nothing else.
  • In my opinion, you should go for an ovulation induction from the day 2 of your periods, followed by follicle monitoring from day 10. It helps polycystic ovaries patients to conceive.
  • For now, as you have missed your periods, you can take a pregnancy test. If it is negative, wait for your periods and consult a gynecologist near you, for ovulation induction tablets.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Hello doctor,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have taken the urine tests, but it came back negative. I have also taken the serum beta hCG test, and I am waiting for the results. How safe is ovulation induction and how does it help?

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

#

• The ovulation induction tablets are absolutely safe. In the case of polycystic ovaries, ovulation does not happen. So, these tablets help with the ovulation. If sexual intercourse happens during ovulation, you can conceive.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

For how long should I take Kalachikai powder to overcome PCOD problem?

Query: Hello doctor,As I have PCOD problem and also cyst, I take tablets for period. My friend suggested Kalachikai powder. I used it for 30 days continuously, but no use. How many days should I take that powder and how to overcome this problem?  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashish Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), powder Kalachikai has a good effect, but the duration of treatment is long (more than three months). For proper evaluation of disease, please go for USG whole abdomen and other investigations. If the size and number of cysts ar...  Read Full

Can Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See Kalarachi Kai choornam is helpful in amenorrhea. As far as small cysts are concerned they are unmatured eggs which failed to induce menstrual cycle previously, as a result, they got collected in the ovary and they will remain in the ovary....  Read Full

What is Persinal injection used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOS and planning for pregnancy. Last month I had HSG. My doctor told that my tubes are clear. My LMP was 25 days back. This month I had Persinal injection on my 3rd, 5th and 7th day. On 9th day my follicle was at the size of 19 mm. My doctor gave an injection called Lupride on my ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which signifies that you have some problem in ovulation and subsequent fertilization of egg. As your tubes are open, you need some assistance for ovulation and to develop a good quality embryo. I suppose that you are goin...  Read Full