Q. What is the use of Persinal and Lupride injection?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
Published on May 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 10, 2019

I have PCOS and planning for pregnancy. Last month I had HSG. My doctor told that my tubes are clear. My LMP was 25 days back. This month I had Persinal injection on my 3rd, 5th and 7th day. On 9th day my follicle was at the size of 19 mm. My doctor gave an injection called Lupride on my 9th day evening. Then she advised to have intercourse continuously for 10 days. What is the use of Persinal and Lupride injection? Is there a chance to achieve pregnancy this month? Am I going in the right way? Please guide.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• You are having PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which signifies that you have some problem in ovulation and subsequent fertilization of egg.
  • I suppose that you are going through a protocol of generating an egg through it and fertilization by natural means.
  • You have an ovum size of 19 mm on 9th day which appears as moderately well and thus you can expect an ovulation in this cycle.
  • But, you should know that an ovulation does not necessarily means fertilization as there are many factors that lies in between. I wish you a fortunate outcome.

For further doubts consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Will Lupride injection cause any birth defect? What is the use of that injection?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, I must explain you the role of those injections.

• The Persinal (Menotrophin) stimulates your cystic ovary, so that it can produce good quality matured egg.
  • But, sometimes this stimulation could be uncontrolled resulting in ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), which is a condition you should avoid.
  • The Lupride is given to prevent the development of that OHSS and a successful pregnancy.
  • No, Lupride (Leuprorelin) is not known to cause any birth defects as such.

For further clarifications consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »

Tackling the Time Of Menstrual Cycle Every Month

Article Overview: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting women.Adhering to a healthy lifestyle i.e balanced diet, physical activity,mental relaxation etc improves the ability to cope with pain.Pain killers can be taken as advised by your gynaecologist. Read Article

Dr. Gowrimeena

Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting 40-70% of women in the reproductive age group. In medical terms we call this as dysmenorrhoea. This is associated with significant psychological, physical, behavioral and social distress. Usually it starts at the onset...  Read Article

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now