Q. I have pain in left breast with fat necrosis and lymphadenitis. Is this a matter of concern?

Dr. Lalit Bansal

I am 28 years old. I have been suffering from breast pain for the last one year. The pain was only on the left side breast. Consulted with a surgeon, took a scan and found fat necrosis and lymphadenitis on the left side and was told it was cyclic pain and was given vitamin E tablet and Neurobion forte for three months and a review after three months. A few weeks later, I found a small swelling under my left armpit and there were three to four small red bumps in that arm as well. I usually get these rashes on the left arm. Is this a matter of concern?

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgery
#

Do not worry, I will give you the solution to your problem.

Before that, I need some extra information from you. Whether you are married and have any child? I need your scan report also to see the exact condition. You can attach photographs of that here.

As per your concern, probable diagnosis is cyclical mastalgia in which during periods there is some hormonal changes in the breast and axilla causing pain due to fat necrosis. It is self-limiting condition regress by own. There is no chance of cancer in this condition as cancer is a painless condition. Please share above mentioned thing and get back to me.

Cyclic mastalgia.

Mammography in both breasts.

Cyclic mastalgia with fat necrosis.

Tablet Evion 400 mg OD for one month, capsule Primosa 1000 mg OD for one month, Chymoral plus BD for five days after meal.

| 

I am married and have a 4-year-old son. Breast weaned two years back. I have attached the scan report. I would like to know why the rashes appear in my left arm alone. It is just three or four small bumps here and there on the left hand.

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgery
#

I have seen your scan report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Rashes in arm and axilla may be due to some local skin infection which is common in this age group. I have advised you Chymoral plus tablet which will help to relieve this condition. Additionally, I will prescribe you one antibiotic and one cream for local application which will surely help you to relieve the condition. One thing you should take care of local hygiene. Clean regularly that area and shave hair aseptically if possible.

Tablet Mega CV 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Potassium clavulanate) TDS for five days,
Neosporin ointment for local application two times daily.

Local hygiene maintenance.

Seven days.

|