Q. Why do I have severe breast pain after every ovulation?

Dr. Vidya Muralidhar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 34 year old female, and my LMP was on 21st of last month. My periods usually last for five days, and I take Triolmezest 40 for hypertension. After every ovulation (10th day), I have severe breast pain till the periods start. I just have sore breasts and no other problems. I took Pyricontin, but no relief.

#

• We need to do a breast examination and a breast scan to rule out any fibroadenoma. This generally causes pain in breasts especially nearing cycles.
  • Consult a gynecologist or a surgeon personally for an examination. You may also try evening Primrose supplements to reduce the breast pain. Check your blood pressures regularly. Kindly do a pregnancy test in case you miss your periods this month.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I also feel a little pain sometimes on one side, which comes and goes. How is a fibroadenoma treated?

#

• If it causes a lot of pain, it can be operated. Otherwise, only painkillers and hormonal therapy are necessary. The surgeon would be the best person to decide. Get a scan done to rule out the condition.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|